Famous (?) words

“You cannot hide from danger. Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died."
~Raistlin Majere

Saturday 18 November 2017

Cool girl? Never see you there... (i.e. Scarlet Witch and Dragonfang)

Again, I blame the staple diet of every Asian man and woman. Okay, that's a lie. I just want to write up something for Marvel Heroes Omega once again. At the same time, I realized I should have just used one label for my Marvel Heroes Omega posts. After all, it's much easier for me to dump every single damn thing into one label unlike Neverwinter (this is due to a far lower tendency to experiment with my heroes and heroines unlike what Mr Sinister would have done).

In this post, I'll be touching on one character and Valkyrie's sword.

There's a reason why I added in Nightcrawler. Trust me.

What I'll most likely do here

Thankfully, I've yet to give Wanda any Asgardian blessing. In this post, I'll only be touching on how I did her moveset including her traits and talents. Before I start, however, I need to say something. And that is...

For the last time, Deadpool, I'm not the type of vampire that counts!
Sounds familiar to you? I'm not referring to the monster below...


Rather, it's the vampire below...

And to think Singapore needs a black man...

I'm nearing my next 400 eternal splinters cycle so as to speak. Right now, it's like 307 or so. Given how splinters farming is more of a simple grind, I'll have no problem getting Blade eventually. The reason why is very simple: There's no point for me to use Hawkeye where the current hero synergy is concerned. After all, I realized I was much comfier in using the orthodox archer. While going melee means zero cooldown for Frost Arrow, the hit execution still felt weird to me. Which means I might as well wean all my ranged heroes/heroines off the melee. Blade's hero synergy can be seen as one-size-fits-all. This is due to health upon hit and increased attacking speed. Which in turn will benefit greatly characters like Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Invisible Woman, and Storm (Black Widow doesn't count because she's surprisingly good when it comes to balancing range and melee. Even better than Gambit due to her KGB stealth mode if I say so myself). In fact, these four are my current ranged dps in my character roster right now.

If things go smoothly, I should be able to get my Blade very soon.

Edit: I now got him.

There's something about Wanda...
Firstly, the spoiler. Magneto isn't her dad. In fact, Magneto isn't Quicksilver's dad as well. What this means is that all the while, the Brotherhood was bs'ing them. And since Magneto IS the Brotherhood, no matter how you see it, this means Magneto was also guilty of bs'ing them. We all know Max Eisenhardt is a tragic character, but did he really have to do this? Actually, you really have to feel for him. There's a reason why he's so super emo. At every turn of his life, loss awaited. There's only this much the man of magnetic steel can take before breaking down.

Ultimately, it means 4 things:
1. Vision was never his son-in-law.

2. Any romance between Kurt and Wanda wouldn't result in moral complications in the name of ideology. It's factual that Magneto believes in acceptance minus the tolerance, unlike Charles Xavier who believed in both (note the past tense because Cyclops offed him after Wanda's No More magic words).

3. If the romance really gets the go-ahead, it means we'll most likely see more of Azazel. After all, he will want to know his future daughter-in-law better (whether Wanda will see him as dad-in-law is quite another question altogether).

4. Ofc it won't prevent a catfight from happening between her and Rogue. Seriously, I pity Kurt if/once that happens. Imagine what will happen if my girlfriend and sis get into a catfight.

Secondly, it took me quite a while in using her correctly. Her range dps is good. Very good, in fact. The problem lies in unreliability. The damage can easily fluctuate like crazy. One moment, you can nuke any mob straightaway. Come the next mob, damage dealt may drop drastically even though you're using the same move. Overall wise, however, she's still a certified range dps goddess.

Thirdly, it seems that hitting Chaos mode would up her defense. What this means is that for a character worth only 200 splinters, Wanda is surprisingly efficient. You'd think she plays more like Hawkeye in the sense that it's run and gun. In reality, she can be absurdly effective when it comes to stand and fire (incidentally, Cable is another character able to do a stand and fire game). It's either that or I think it's the Chthon relic I slotted for her. Nah, doubt so. That'd make mental damage terribly broken like how Wanda can break the fabric of reality.

Let's be frank here. Wanda is no cool girl. She's emotional and temperamental, outright psychotic at times even. In terms of raw power, she's definitely somewhere up there. The only reason why she's not in the Alpha/Omega level bracket would be her inability to control the power of Chaos (the last part is something I come up with, so don't quote Mr (Stan) Lee on this one). To reflect this fact, the damage can easily swing from one to a gazillion in one moment, the other direction the next moment. Seriously, she's really that powerful. Even Deadpool doesn't dare to rile her.

Deadpool: More like the Scarlet Biii...... Eh heh heh heh... never see you there.

Compare this to what he said to Juggernaut.

Deadpool: You know for someone who is unstoppable, you do get stopped a lot. Seriously.


The two trees
I'm still going with the two trees. And when I say two trees, I'm not referring to Loreena "doubt we'll see her in Singapore" McKennitt.


Two trees refer to the fact that every character will start off with two loadouts (in Neverwinter speak, not mine). After some time in using the one loadout rule, I decide to(re) adopt the two trees approach. And ofc that includes fair Wanda.

Left click: Hex Bolt
Right click: Chaos Shift
A; Chaos Rift
S: Chaos Warp
D: Reality Implosion
F: Hex Sphere
G: Unmake Reality
H: Flourish paint (Cap America)
U: No More... *insert the movie you hate most*

Talents: Reality Shred, Chaos Ascendant, Command Chaos, Chaos Mastery, Chaos Magic: Ruinous Flux

Above tree is for solo running. Therefore, I always place survivability as my number one priority. My staple one-two would always revolve around the RI>HS combo. Chaos Rift is there for two purposes: direct kill if possible, damage over time as dps support otherwise. I'm still trying to master the art of systematic execution (not just only Wanda and this game, but also other characters and Neverwinter as well). The reason why being that my brain is wired incorrectly compared to my fellow S'poreans/human beings. Their brains are wired in the image of order, mine is wired in the image of chaos. Okay, I admit that's a self-imposed hyperbole, but you all get the drift.

The whole build is all about systematic execution. It's not exactly Pep "not a Clotet" Guardiola's Catalan stuff, but it's surely Joachim "Der Löwe" Löw's German stuff. A few things on my choice of talents here.

1. Chaos Ascendant was that moment where things clicked into gear for my magic Wanda. Before that, I was still messing around with the build like a Catalan Pep. Once I reached the second row, the defensive woes vanished. They were, in Wanda's own words, No More.

2. Chaos Mastery may seem like a hare-brained idea. In fact, I won't blame you for associating it with Quicksilver's foolhardiness. The reason why I chose this over Reality Breach is very simple. I'm more of a crit-brutal gamer when it comes to the dps. And besides, Wanda is a living cannon in red. In fact, she's the only nuke on my current character roster (yes, you're reading it right. I say "nuke", not "nude", so all you sick bastards better not twist my words).

3. I need some insurance. It's like any team under the stewardship of J-Mou, not just Man Utd. That's why I need Ruinous Flux. That plus what I've said on Wanda's defensive once her Chaos mode kicks in.

Left click: Hex Bolt
Right click: Chaos Rift
A; Chaos Rift
S: Chaos Warp
D: Reality Implosion
F: Ravenous Binding
G: Unmake Reality
H: Flourish paint (Cap America)
U: No More... *insert the movie you hate most*

Talents: Further the Chaos, Chaos Ascendant, Positive Outcome, Reality Breach, Chaos Magic: Withering Agony

Above is my raiding tree. By that, I'm actually including Manhattan, Industry City, and Hightown. This build is more of a support-dps approach rather than the direct offense-defense solo approach. In terms of moveset, there's not much change. ChaosWarp with Chaos Ascendant is still there. However, the AoE dps has changed due to two factors.

1. I need more AoE dps. The first tree isn't good enought to fulfill this role.

2. Raiding and the like always entails a massive need for mob clearing. Wanda is an effective nuke, but her AoE game is average.

As a result, I chose to Further the Chaos. Yes, the auto-kill bonus for Reality Shred is good. However, it's not going to do a thing against bosses. For the so-called patrol zones, the bosses will always spawn.... well, like a boss. For the actual raids, dps is a greater must. The 3% Chaotic Hex chance may not seem like a great deal (or even a good deal to some/most). But because it's easier for me to CC and nuke (mostly due to the fact you'll never walk alone and not just in the Merseyside), Ravenous Binding became my choice. At the same time, Positive Outcome can up the overall efficiency of Ravenous Binding. So it's def a case of things falling into place instead of falling apart. Reality Breach and Withering Agony are the ones that matter the most in dps. Increase in UR damage for the former, chance to proc damage over time for the latter. WA is especially important as it ensures I won't have to worry too much about the AoE. It's never about increasing the AoE aspect, but rather relying less on it via a higher dps game.

Need to end this one...
The reason why is very simple. I still need to write up my pre-match analysis between my beloved Boro and Leeds. In short, I'm going against time. Because I'm no Quicksilver, I'll have to end this post. So yeah. No Dragonfang, no Nightcrawler, and no true blue German. However, I'll try to do a post for that one. At the same time, I also need to write up Kurt's two trees since I've alrdy done so for Wanda. That plus why Dr Strange and Nightcrawler should be called #TeamaArcana despite the dynamic duo costing me only 600 eternal splinters in total.

So to end this post, I decide to make fun of DC. Well, sorta...


P.S: Yes, I know what I've done here. I've traumatized countless people of my gender via Gal "the gal of Israel" Gadot's beautiful butt and Ryan "5-time Academy Award viewer" Reynold's sorry ass at the same time instead of showing only Wonder Woman' wonderful derrière. Unfortunately, I'm not going to apologize (to my fellow male species) for any case of severe head trauma. But I can give you this as compensation.

A good man with a good heart, yet it's hard for a good man to be king.
Maybe that's why Odin Borson is now such a jerk.
Also, is that Shuri I see talking to T'Challa?

No comments:

Post a Comment